Last Updated: 5/22/2023
Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from users of our Service:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Other information voluntarily provided by the user
- Additionally, we may collect certain non-personal information automatically, such as IP address, browser type, operating system, and referring website.
Purpose of Collection
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and improving our services
- Responding to user inquiries and customer support
- Sending promotional and marketing communications, subject to user consent or applicable laws
- Analyzing and enhancing user experience
- Complying with legal obligations
We may share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may engage third-party service providers to assist us in operating our Service and performing related services. These providers have access to personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfill their duties and are obligated to protect it.
- Legal requirements: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid legal requests, such as subpoenas, court orders, or government regulations.
- Business transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, personal information may be transferred to the relevant parties as part of the transaction.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal information based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- User consent: We may obtain user consent for specific processing activities, such as sending marketing communications.
- Legitimate interests: We may process personal information based on our legitimate interests, such as improving our services and protecting our rights.
Users have certain rights regarding their personal information. Subject to applicable law, these rights may include the right to:
- Access and obtain a copy of their personal information
- Rectify or update their personal information
- Delete their personal information
- Object to the processing of their personal information
- Restrict or limit the processing of their personal information
- Withdraw consent, where consent is the legal basis for processing
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
To exercise these rights, users may contact us using the information provided in Section 9.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services. We do not have control over the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites. We encourage users to review the privacy policies of these external sites before providing any personal information.
For European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), we provide the following information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Data Controller: Farnsworth Media LLC, operating as The Stay At Home Chef, is the data controller responsible for the processing of your personal information.
- Legal Basis for Processing: Our legal basis for processing personal information may vary depending on the specific purpose and circumstances of the processing. Generally, we rely on your consent, the necessity of processing for the performance of a contract, compliance with legal obligations, or our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing personal information.
- Data Transfers: We may transfer your personal information to recipients outside the EEA, including to countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. In such cases, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
- Your Rights: As an EEA resident, you have certain rights regarding your personal information under the GDPR, including the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information, as well as the right to data portability. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the information provided in Section 10.
- Supervisory Authority: If you believe we have not adequately addressed your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EEA.
For California Residents
If you are a California resident, the following information applies to you in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Your Rights: California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our collection and disclosure of their personal information over the past 12 months. If you are a California resident, you may exercise your rights by contacting us using the information provided in the contact us section.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights, including denying services, charging different prices, or providing a different quality of services.